16 March 2013

Quad Core Hyundai T7

Hyundai is a Korean brand, like Samsung and LG. In the mobile market, however its brand is relatively obscure. Hyundai T7 is a 7-inch tablet that will enter the market at $166 from Pandawill. The processor core is powered by Samsung quad-core Exynos 4412 processor, which means it is more powerful than Google Nexus 7. The other specs ?

The tablet features a 7 inch, 1280 x 800 pixel display, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage and Mali 400 graphics. It has a microUSB port, microSD card slot, HDMI output, a 2MP rear camera, and a 0.3MP front-facing camera. 
It runs Google Android 4.0 and features WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. I don’t know if the Hyundai T7 is officially certified by Google, but it comes with the Google Play Store preloaded and runs most apps available from Google’s app marketplace. 
Source: Liliputing
While it is great specs wise, Liliputing notes that the tablet is has a lot of deficiencies due to poor quality components being used.
Before I broke the tablet, I also had time to notice a few quirks:
  • The tablet would sometimes shut down entirely after it had been left plugged in and charging for a while. If I left it overnight and came back the next day I might have to wait for the tablet to perform a full boot before I could use it.
  • While the Hyundai T7 and Google Nexus 7 both have 7 inch, 1280 x 800 pixel displays, everything looks smaller on the T7 screen, because text, images, and other content aren’t scaled the same way as they are on the Nexus 7.
  • The tablet does not come pre-rooted (as some Chinese devices do), but it’s reportedly easy to root using ExynosAbuse.
  • My unit had at least one dead pixel, and the screen seems to scratch very easily.
Source: Liliputing
So, when you buy this tablet, make sure you check everything is good before you take it home. My recommendation would be to stay away from this tablet, unless you are a thorough person and can check for physical deficiencies in the tablet before purchase.

Image Credit : Liliputing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Cheap Good Tablet PC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.